Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Bad 25 - Pressethread

Times Entertainment hat eine kleine Artikel-Serie anlässlich des Bad-Jubiläum veröffentlicht.

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/0...history-of-badAn Oral History of Michael Jackson's Bad

As the 25th anniversary of the album approaches, we take a look at the creation and legacy of a record-setting release

Michael Jackson's Bad Turns 25

By Lily Rothman | @lilyrothman | August 22, 2012 | 4
    Dave Hogan / Getty Images
    Michael Jackson, whose album 'Bad' celebrates 25 years this August, on stage in 1987.

On Aug. 31, 1987, almost exactly 25 years ago, Michael Jackson released the album Bad. It had been five years since Thriller, the album that had arguably established the well-known pop star as a visionary—and that would go on, after Jackson’s 2009 death, to set the record for the most copies sold of a single album.
    The quest to match Thriller would be a hard one. But despite (or perhaps because of) that burden, Jackson was more involved than ever in Bad‘s artistic process. “When you would work with him you could just see the way his mind worked,” says Matt Forger, who engineered the record. “He knew exactly what he was looking for.” Under the shadow of Thriller, and despite the backlash against his personal eccentricities that came to light around that time, Bad set records of its own. It was the first album to ever send five singles to the top of the Billboard charts, and it held that record until 2011.
    (MORE: TIME looks back on the King of Pop’s life and career)
    Bad’s quarter-century milestone will be marked with due pomp. Jackson’s estate and Epic/Legacy Recordings are collaborating on a three-CD release (BAD25, out Sept. 18), which includes the remastered original album, plus an album of additional tracks, including demos and remixes, and a live album. The package also includes a DVD of never-before-seen concert footage—Jackson’s own review copy of a July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium. In addition, a Spike-Lee-helmed documentary about the album, the similarly-titled Bad 25, will debut Aug. 31 at the Venice Film Festival. And starting this spring, Jackson has even found his way onto 1 billion Bad-themed Pepsi cans.
    In honor of the seminal album’s anniversary, TIME spoke (in separate interviews, with the exception of Phillinganes and Forger) to people who were there and people living out the album’s legacy:
    Greg Phillinganes, a musician who worked on the record and music-directed the Bad tour
    Matt Forger, Michael Jackson’s engineer on Bad
    Spike Lee, who directed Bad 25 as well as Jackson’s short film for the song “They Don’t Care About Us”
    John Branca, Jackson’s lawyer and head of his estate
    Nick van der Wall, a.k.a Afrojack , the DJ who remixed a new version of “Bad” for the anniversary release.

Meeting Michael: “He knew everything that had to happen in a song.”

By Lily Rothman | @lilyrothman | August 28, 2012 | 4
    Michael Ochs Archives / Getty Images
    The Jackson 5, c. 1970

Michael Jackson began performing at the age of 11, with the Jackson 5. His first non-Motown solo album, Off the Wall, was released in 1979.

Lee: I followed Michael Jackson since he was the young kid with the Jackson 5. I was born in ’57 and he was born in ’58, so we’re literally the same generation.
    Afrojack: I turn 25 in September. My mom used to own her own dancing school and she did a lot of choreography of the Michael Jackson songs. I used to be a little bit of a dancer myself, but just for fun. That’s when I first heard of it, through my baby years.
    Phillinganes: Back in ’77, I believe, a friend of mine named Bobby Colomby, who was an executive at CBS at the time, was urging me to get more involved in arranging. He said, “You’re going to do more arranging and here’s who you’re going to do it with.” Next thing I know I’m in a room with Michael and his brothers, and I ended up doing the rhythm section arrangement for [the Jackson 5's] Destiny and Triumph albums. It was obviously a great feel for me to be in the same room as guys that I idolized in junior high school.
    (MORE: TIME’s 1984 take on Thriller)
    Forger: The first time I met Michael was on a Quincy Jones session. I was working with Quincy Jones and we were doing the Donna Summer album and we had to take a break in the middle of doing the record because that was the only time Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney were able to schedule free time to be in the studio. That was for the recording of the song “The Girl is Mine,” which was the first song for the Thriller album.
    Branca: Michael and I first met in January of 1980. He was looking to have his own team. I think he was 21 at the time; I became his lawyer. He had just released Off the Wall so during that period I renegotiated his recording agreement and then he started to work on Thriller. It can be difficult at times to delineate creative from business and this was certainly true during the Thriller period. I wasn’t involved in the creative process but I was there helping to make the deals that made it possible the get the Thriller video made.
    Forger: At that time he was reserved, he was rather quiet, but at the same time extremely focused. He knew everything that had to happen in a song. He was very directed, very in tune with where all the parts musically needed to be. He was very professional, very well-prepared.
    Phillinganes: By the time we were working on Bad, Mike’s ideas became stronger and clear.

The Making of Bad: "He was the architect of the album in every sense of the word."

By Lily Rothman | @lilyrothman | August 22, 2012 | +
    Amazon

Bad was crafted at Westlake Studio in Los Angeles and at Michael Jackson’s personal studio, Hayvenhurst. The formal recording process began at Westlake on Jan. 5, 1987.
    Forger: After the experience of Thriller, I think that was something that really reinforced Michael’s confidence. He had written four of the songs off the Thriller album, and those songs turned into hit songs. Michael knew he was on the right track. By the time Bad came around it was just ready for him to step up and take a much larger role because it was his time. He was ready.
    Branca: I remember having a conversation with him, we were in Hong Kong, and I was kind of kidding, and I said, “Michael, maybe for the next album, instead of trying to top yourself and compete with yourself, maybe you should go a little left of center and think about something a little different, like making an album of the songs that inspired you to become an artist. Songs by James Brown, Sly and the Family Stone, and others.” He looked at me like I was from Mars. He was intent on topping himself and he put a lot of pressure on himself to do that.
    Lee: The greatest people, the greatest artists, whatever you want to call that category, they work at their craft for years and years and years. So often we think it comes, we don’t see the hard work that goes into all that. We see the creation, we see the beauty of the hard work but we don’t see the hard work, the blood, sweat and tears.
    Phillinganes: There was the pressure mostly on Michael. We just were happy to know that we’d be in the studio all together again to have more fun. It’s not like we sat around like “We’ve got to do better!” It wasn’t that cinematic, “we’ve got to do one more for the Gipper” kind of thing. Just like with Thriller it was all predicated on getting the best songs possible.
    (MORE: TIME’s 1983 take on Michael Jackson’s music videos)
    Forger: We knew we were in the studio and we were going to have fun because that was the vibe, especially working with Michael and working with Quincy [Jones, who produced the album], too. You’ve got to realize that when you devote your life to making records you do it because you love being there. You love the experience. It’s one of those things where you get in the studio and [you think], “Oh my gosh, where did the last eight hours go?”
    Phillinganes: We had family pet day, where he brought down Muscles the Boa and Bubbles the Chimp and we took pictures. There’s a group picture I have a couple shots of, it’s Studio D of Westlake and we’re all standing in a long row to accommodate Muscles. How long was he?
    Forger: Well, he grew. I first met Muscles on Thriller and he was probably about 10 or 12 feet long, so he must have been at least 16 feet by the time Bad rolled around. He was a very nice snake.
    Phillinganes: And during some downtime in the studio—there was a technical problem so we couldn’t go on until that was sorted out—Mike was getting restless and he asked me if I felt like going across the street to do a little shopping. What was across the street was a major, major, huge shopping mall called the Beverly Center. He puts on this wig and dark sunglasses and crooked teeth and we come out of the studio, just the two of us, no security no cops nobody, on La Cienega Boulevard and I remember thinking that time as we were crossing, “I’m crossing La Cienega with Michael Jackson and nobody knows.” We went all over the place and did a bit of shopping and he had slightly puzzled looks from cashiers. He looked like Sly Stone on crack and then he gets out the credit card and they go, “No!”
    Forger: When you were with Michael you always had this sense of enjoyment, of energy and whatever it is Michael wanted to do he wanted to enjoy himself when he was doing it.
    (MORE: Artifacts from the Michael Jackson Estate)
    Branca: Michael was very involved creatively with Off the Wall and Thriller but he was even more involved on Bad. He did write nine of the 11 songs. Michael would create demos in his studio at Hayvenhurst. That would be the model for what was on the album. He was the architect of the album in every sense of the word.
    Forger: Michael said “We’re going to start some new songs.” I never knew when we were going to do a song what the song was for, but the first song I started on with Michael was Dirty Diana. We started on Dirty Diana at Westlake Studios and then his home studio was completed, which was the Hayvenhurst studio, then we went into Al Capone, which transitioned later into Smooth Criminal and the next song after that I think was Hot Fever, which became The Way You Make Me Feel.
    Phillinganes: By the time we were working on Bad, Mike’s ideas became stronger and clearer. Songs like Al Capone, titles like that, even as working titles, show that Mike had a tremendous cinematic approach to the making of his music.
    Forger: Michael always wanted to be a storyteller. He wanted a beginning, a middle and an end, and he wanted it to be a story and it could be translated not only into a song but a terrific—what Michael always called “film shorts,” as opposed to “music videos.”
    (MORE: TIME’s original review of Bad)
    Afrojack: The sonic professionalism on the original Bad album was just next level. Nowadays they do it a lot but back then this was the newest of the newest, like crazy stereo effects, on a technical level of engineering and music production.
    Lee: When it came to work, he was a perfectionist. He had a tremendous work ethic. He’s not going to say, “I’m tired,” he’s not going to say anything. Until it’s done, he’s like, “Let’s go, let’s get it done, let’s do the best we can, let’s not cut any corners.” Whether it’s creatively or financially, he was not cutting any corners.
    Afrojack: You have a lot of music coming out and if you want to be the best everything has to be the best, including the technical production and the technical aspects of music production.
    Forger: It wouldn’t be uncommon that a track would be recorded several times, either the tempo or the key or the arrangement, until you absolutely got the exact right thing. When you’re working with people of this caliber and you’re adjusting these parameters and when you get the right one it just feels like that’s it. Everyone understands right away when you’ve got the right formula.

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/0...#ixzz24xYBr2kd
    Zuletzt geändert von Lena; 29.08.2012, 20:09.

The Release of Bad: "One hundred million. He’d write that on the mirror and look at it every day."

Hulton Archive / Getty Images
    Michael Jackson stands in a graffiti-filled subway car during the filming of the long-form music video for his song 'Bad,' directed by Martin Scorsese, New York, New York, November 1986.

Bad was released Aug. 31, 1987, by Epic/CBS Records.

Branca: I think Michael was really pleased with that album. It was a real coming-out, artistically.
    Phillinganes: He evolved as a person, as we all do. What Mike had learned in the studio from the previous two albums, he guarded that knowledge to support the new creativity that he was experiencing with Bad. It was all a natural, organic progression.
    Branca: We always knew it was going to be a huge album.
    Phillinganes: You hear it on the radio all the time and you obviously feel good about the final product, but it’s not like you go, “Right, this is going to [sell] 50 million right now.” The sales dictate that but it’s all after the fact. You don’t go in predicting that kind of success, even though Mike would write a certain number of sales on his mirror every day as motivation. One hundred million. He’d write that on the mirror and look at it every day.
    Lee: Great artists or whatever you want to call them perform great under pressure. He wanted Bad to exceed the sales of Thriller. He wanted Bad to sell a hundred million and told everybody about it, the president of Sony records and everybody. He would put up pieces of paper in his house, in hotels: “100 million.” He wanted to sell 100 million for Bad. Several people in the documentary talk about that.
    (MORE: Michael Jackson and the Black Experience)
    Lee: During that period, Michael had become so popular that it just seemed there was a natural backlash toward him and this album, which is unfortunate, because the album still stands today as a great piece of work.
    Branca: In addition to it being the biggest selling record in history, culturally Michael had a huge impact. I helped him buy the Beatles catalog at that time and there was a backlash against his success. There was nowhere in the world you could go where Michael wasn’t known and wasn’t famous.
    Lee: Oh yeah. ***** *****. Cover of the New York Post. I don’t have the same mentality as the New York Post.
    Branca: The album was great. And you have Martin Scorsese directing the first video! At that time, 1987, other than the fact that we had gotten John Landis to direct Thriller, the notion that you would have an all-time hall-of-fame movie director… That alone told all of us this was going to be a huge album.
    Lee: I really remember watching the video, directed by Martin Scorsese. It was a special on CBS… Wesley Snipes was going to kill Michael Jackson.
    Afrojack: On the Bad album, the best track is “Bad.” Now everyone’s talking about being gangster or being mafia or whatever but back then it was just really simple. Michael Jackson was bad. That’s it.
    (MORE: Michael Jackson’s Life as Prodigy, Superstar and *****)
    Forger: The funny thing about listening to an album when it’s completed is lots of times you work on a project and you work really intensely and you are absolutely pushing yourself to the limit, physically, mentally, and you’re trying to do the best that you can. You’re all so close to a seeing-the-forests-for-the-trees type of situation because you’re listening very technically, and music is an emotional experience.
    Phillinganes: By then we’re dealing with CDs and there’s only a certain amount of space a CD can accommodate for the highest quality recording and it boils down to how much time per song for the total amount of time on the CD, all kinds of things.
    Forger: What I do is that the day it’s released I’m running to the record store. I can remember running out to buy the album and listening to it and just hearing how wonderfully all the songs had worked together. You don’t have the feel for what the big overall thing is until you step away from it.
    Branca: I can’t speak for him, but the Bad album was the only album in history until recently to have five No. 1 singles. It had nine Top 10 singles. Forty-five million albums. It broke new ground in terms of videos—and Michael never called them videos; he called them short films—and what he did with Martin Scorsese on Bad and Colin Chilvers on Smooth Criminal helped advance the art form of making music videos. So I think by every measure Bad was an enormously and historically successful album. By Michael’s own standards? That’s another question. I can’t answer that.

The Legacy of Bad: "It was arguably the most transitional point in establishing his musical independence."

Michael Jackson performs on stage during his "BAD" concert tour held at Wembley Stadium, London on July 15, 1988.

Nine months and two weeks after the album’s release, five songs from Bad—”I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” (with Siedah Garrett), “Bad,” “The Way You Make Me Feel,” Man in the Mirror” and “Dirty Diana”— had reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100, for a collective seven weeks at the top, setting a new world record.

Lee: The legacy of the album is you have two legacies. It has something that Thriller doesn’t have: five No. 1 consecutive singles. But, number two is that it was the album that followed up Thriller, the biggest-selling album of all time.
    Branca: Bad was an enormously influential album. It had an enormous impact on many of today’s biggest artists, stars, who point to that album and those videos as being influential in their careers.
    Afrojack: All music has always been inspired by the next level of producing. This is a long time later. It’s fun to see how it’s still inspiring.
    (MORE: The Michael Jackson Legacy: Where Are They Now?)
    Branca: Like I said, I remember that conversation with Michael where I tried to take the pressure off of him and he said no, he put the pressure right back on his shoulders. I just remember how driven he was. I think he had a great time on the Bad tour. When you see that footage you can see that he’s having a really good time. He stepped out on his own; he was completely in control. I think it was a great time in Michael’s life.
    Phillinganes: It was a wild ride. I do remember [the concerts at] Wembley. Princess Di showed up and Michael, that lucky dog, got to be in the receiving line. We could see her pretty well in her bright yellow dress, sitting in her box. Tons of people showed up. Naomi Campbell. Buddies of mine that I had toured with showed up. Eric Clapton. Phil Collins. Barry Gibb. They were all there. We did three at Wembley, and it’s Wembley Stadium, not arena, so that’s like at least 70,000 people. You can never imagine the feeling of watching 70,000 people light torches during “Man in the Mirror.”
    Branca: [The concert footage on the BAD25 DVD is] one concert start to finish. There are no edits and piecing together of different concerts. It’s one concert, Michael Jackson at Wembley Stadium in the presence of Prince Charles and Lady Diana. He actually refers to them at the beginning and at the end of the show. We had high-quality footage of other concerts, but the audio wasn’t very good. For Wembley we had great audio but all we had visually was Michael’s VHS copy of the monitor feed.
    Phillinganes: I wasn’t with him when he [watched the VHS tapes of his shows], but it was always to improve. He was very meticulous about every aspect of the show, particularly choreography, lighting. He just always strived to maintain that basis that he set for himself.
    Forger: For me, it really was that point in time when Michael took the reins of his solo career and you could understand Michael’s personality musically. It’s not that you couldn’t before that, it’s just that in his solo career now he had taken all the encouragement that Quincy [Jones] had given him, and it was just that extension. This was it happening.
    Phillinganes: It was arguably the most transitional point in establishing his musical independence. And the songs speak for themselves. It was just a well-rounded collection of great songs.
    (MORE: The TIME Cover: Michael Jackson, 1958 – 2009)
    Forger: To me what I come away with from the Bad album is, ironically, one of the songs that Michael did not write, and that’s Man in the Mirror. Man in the Mirror to me totally represents that place that Michael started directing his energy to. You start to really see where Michael’s heart is, where his soul is, what his intent was for what he would like to accomplish with his music, and that’s a thing that in much later material is clearly evident, and this is the time when you see that coming to the forefront I think, so strongly.
    Branca: Clearly Michael is an artist whose popularity will live on for generations. It’s funny, I was talking to Spike Lee about this, some artists are great singers but they don’t write their songs, and some artists are great songwriters but they’re not excellent vocalists or they can’t dance. You look at Michael, and he could write the songs, he could produce them, he could sing them, he could get out and perform and dance them, and then his sense of style sort of changed fashion trends. He’s a unique artist in that respect.
    Lee: To be honest, over the years, Bad has grown in stature… Sometimes you don’t get s–t when it comes out right away. We cannot overemphasize: Bad was a follow-up to the greatest single selling album in the history of human civilization. You cannot overemphasize that.

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/0...#ixzz24xYpPjKg

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/0...#ixzz24xYYFwXG

Kommentar

BAD25: "It’s about why he felt he was put on earth, to make music."

Time & Life Pictures / Getty Images

The BAD25 anniversary package is available Sept. 18—and, although Jackson’s team is still focused on BAD, John Branca says there may be even more unreleased Jackson material to keep fans sated in the future, since an additional album’s-worth of vocal and performance material exists.
      Branca: Michael himself did Thriller 25 and that was important to him, so BAD25 was an obvious and a logical choice. Several things are exciting about the package in addition to calling attention to the album and the incredible documentary that Spike Lee has done. We’re including some previously unreleased music. This is music that Michael worked on for the album and it’s quite, quite good. In fact, Michael had debated for a long time about including a song called Streetwalker on the album and at the very last minute he chose Another Part of Me instead. So we have Streetwalker included on the rarities disc. That’s exciting, to be able to share this music with the fans.
      Afrojack: My manager got approached by the representative of the Michael Jackson estate and they said that Mike was always looking for new, creative ways and he loved remixes. I’m only 24 years old, and I’ve been making music for a long time but I didn’t really see myself on the level of getting to remix Michael Jackson so I was like, “Wow. Remixing the King of Pop, and there’s only one King of Pop.”
      Branca: [My co-executor, John McClain and I,] we always approach things based on the kind of decisions we think Michael would make, what he would be looking for. Having said that, of course the world changes. It’s only been three years since Michael passed away so the world hasn’t changed that much but as new opportunities come up we use Michael’s voice as our guide.
      Afrojack: They didn’t want to give out the real parts. We had to find a day that I could be in the studio with one of the representatives of the estate. It was also the same studio where they produced the original Bad album. The vocal booth I was standing in front of was the same vocal booth that Michael Jackson did all his vocals for the album. It was pretty impressive for me. It’s really bad if something happens and his original a capella would leak out, so all of the world can do with his a capella whatever they want. So they’re really careful about it, and that’s really smart. I hope I get treated the same way when I pass away. I felt humbled that they asked me to do it… There’s nothing greater than to work with the best of the best tools. I had the original parts Michael Jackson had. That’s a nice toolshed right there.
      Listen to a clip of Afrojack’s Bad remix, featuring Pitbull:
      Lee: By getting access to the Michael Jackson archives, I saw stuff I never knew even existed.
      Branca: We’ve been in the process of digitizing all of Michael’s archives of audiovisual and written material. We monitor the fans and we’re in dialogue and communication with them, and one of the Wembley stadium concerts is the one that the fans really wanted, so we were searching for that concert and fortunately we found this… We found some interesting notes that Michael had for some of the short films on the album, for example for Smooth Criminal, we found a sketch that Michael did for the outfits that are worn by Michael and the dancers in the short film. Michael designed those with the armband and everything. And we found his notes from when he was conceiving the idea for the Smooth Criminal short film, where he was studying the works of Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly.
      Forger: I mixed “Don’t be Messin’ Round” and “Free” and the one which is called “Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers).” These were tracks where all of the material had already been recorded. Nothing was added, nothing was recorded, it was just going through and taking the tapes that hadn’t had an appropriate mix and just doing a representative final mix of the way Michael would have wanted the songs to sound.
      (MORE: Spike Lee Remembers Michael Jackson)
      Branca: In the shadow of Thriller, which is the biggest-selling album in the history of the record business, Bad is perhaps under-appreciated. I don’t think people realize how many hit singles came from that album. This will be really a statement that will remind everybody how important, how influential that album was.
      Forger: The bonus tracks that are included on this album I think show a terrific insight into more of that thing that Michael was experiencing at that point in time, the musical ideas he was developing, the direction he was taking, and in some cases some of the tracks are a little bit more raw, which to me is exciting because when you get to hear it a little bit more raw, less completely polished, you get a little bit more of the personality and the emotion that goes into the process.
      (MORE: The New Michael Jackson Album: Not Bad, but Pretty Good)
      Lee: For me, this is going to be an insight into Michael’s work ethic and his creative process and the effect it had on the world.
      Forger: When I look back and I think about what I took away from that experience and that time, to me it was an opportunity to learn, and for me to understand more not only about music but to learn so many things from Michael. It’s a fantastic high because you’re just enjoying yourself on a tremendous level, and now when you look and back and have an opportunity to reflect on it, you realize it was a rare time. It was a rare time in pop culture, in the world, in the history of music, and also in Michael’s career.
      Lee: I think Michael would love this. You might say, “How could I say that?”—but I’m telling you I think Michael would love what we did with this. I really do… We told the truth and we featured his work. It’s not anything but his work, anything but his music and how this album was made. This is about the creative project. It’s about why he felt he was put on earth, to make music. That’s what this is about. Nothing else.

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/0...#ixzz24xZLjtyi

Kommentar

Wie cool, danke fürs Finden, Lena

Werd ich am WE in Ruhe lesen.

Kommentar

Zitat von pearl Beitrag anzeigen
          Wie cool, danke fürs Finden, Lena

Werd ich am WE in Ruhe lesen.
          Schließ ich mich direkt mal an, vielen Dank Lena für diesen und viele andere Artikel, die Du hier einstellst.........

Kommentar

Menno, das ist bestimmt wert, mal übersetzt hier eingestellt zu werden. Pearli haste Zeit am WE? Wollen wir uns das vielleicht teilen?
            Ich bin ab morgen weg, würde mich aber nächste Woche dranmachen.

Vielen Dank Lena, fürs Finden!!!

Kommentar

Zitat von Jackie2010 Beitrag anzeigen
              Menno, das ist bestimmt wert, mal übersetzt hier eingestellt zu werden. Pearli haste Zeit am WE?
              Ich hab Zeit ... ist ja WE

Wenn du magst, könnten wir es uns teilen. Da du erst nächste Woche kannst, fang ich am besten am Anfang an, näch

Kommentar

Das ist'n Wort, pearli, ich mache dann mit Post #2 von Lena weiter...

Kommentar

Ihr könnt euch die Mühe sparen - für die gute Absicht!!
                  hier >> http://www.mjjackson-forever.com/ind...145#post191145
                  ist die Übersetzung von Lena.

Kommentar

Ich habe es schon übersetzt, sicher nicht perfekt,aber lesbar. Also nicht doppelt Arbeit machen.
                    Stelle es der Übersichtlichkeit halber je 1 Artikel in einen Post.

Die mündliche Geschichte zum Bad-Album
                    Anlässlich des 25. Geburtstag des Albums werfen wir einen Blick auf die Kreation des rekordsetzenden Albums.
                    Am 31. August 1987, fast genau vor 25 Jahren, veröffentlichte Michael Jackson das Album Bad. Es war fünf Jahre nach dem Thriller-Album, das wohl den bekanntesten Popstar schon etablierte als einen Visionär und das würde weiter gehen, nach Jacksons Tod 2009, es hat den Rekord für die meisten Verkäufe eines einzigen Albums gesetzt.
                    Die Suche nach dem passenden (Album) nach [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] passen würde eine harte sein. Doch trotz (oder gerade wegen) dieser Last, war Jackson mehr als je zuvor in den künstlerischen Prozess von Bad beteiligt. "Wenn Sie mit ihm arbeiten konnte man sehen, wie sein Verstand arbeitete", sagt Matt Forger, der als Techniker an der Platte arbeitete "Er wusste genau, was er suchte." Unter dem Schatten von [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon], und trotz der Gegenbewegung gegen seine persönliche Exzentrik, die in dieser Zeit ans Licht kam setzt Bad Rekorde für sich selbst. Es war das erste Album das jemals fünf Singles an die Spitze der Billboard-Charts brachte, und es hielt diesen alleinigen Rekord bis 2011.
                    Bad Vierteljahrhunderts-Meilenstein wird mit dem gebührenden Pomp markiert werden. Jacksons Estate und Epic / Legacy Recordings werden auf einermDrei-CD-Release (BAD25, am 18. September), das remasterete Original-Album, plus ein Album mit zusätzlichen Tracks, darunter Demos und Remixe, und ein Live-Album veröffentlichen. Das Paket enthält auch eine DVD mit nie einem nie zuvor gesehenen eigenen Konzertmitschnitt einer Jackson-Kopie des Konzertes am 16. Juli 1988 im Wembley-Stadion. Darüber hinaus wird ein Spike-Lee - Dokumentarfilm über das Album, der ebenfalls den Titel Bad 25 trägt veröffentlicht und am 31. August bei den Filmfestspielen in Venedig Premiere hat. Und seit diesem Frühjahr hat Jackson auch seinen Weg auf 1 Mrd. Bad-themenbzogene Pepsi Dosen gefunden.
                    Zu Ehren des bahnbrechenden Album-Jubiläums, sprach TIME (in getrennten Interviews, mit Ausnahme von Phillinganes und Forger) mit Menschen, die dort waren und Menschen, die aus dem Vermächtnis des Albums insperiert wurden.
                    Greg Phillinganes, ein Musiker, der an der Platte gearbeitet hat und bei der Bad-Tour die Musik-Regie führte
                    Matt Forger, Michael Jacksons Ingenieur von Bad
                    Spike Lee, der bei Bad 25 Regie sowie bei Jacksons Kurzfilm für das Lied "They Don´t Care About Us" führte
                    John Branca, Jacksons Anwalt und Leiter seines Estates
                    Nick van der Wall, aka Afrojack, der DJ, der eine neue Version von "Bad" zum Jubiläum Release remixed hat.

Kommentar

Meeting Michael: „Er wusste alles was mit einem Song zu passieren hat“
                      By Lily Rothman | @lilyrothman | August 28, 2012 | 4

Michael Jackson begann im Alter von 11 Jahren zu performen mit den Jackson 5. Seine erstes Nicht-Motown Soloalbum [lexicon]Off the Wall[/lexicon] wurde 1979 veröffentlicht.

Lee: Ich verfolgte Michael Jackson, seit er ein junges Kind bei den Jackson 5 war. Ich war '57 geboren und er wurde in '58 geboren, so dass wir buchstäblich die gleiche Generation sind.

Afrojack: Ich werde 25 im September. Meine Mutter besitzt ihre eigene Tanzschule und sie machte viel Choreographie der Michael Jackson Songs. Früher war ich ein wenig selbst Tänzer, nur so zum Spaß. Das ist, als ich es zum ersten Mal hörte, durch meine Baby -Jahre.

Phillinganes: Zurück in '77, glaube ich, ein Freund von mir namens Bobby Colomby, die eine Führungskraft bei CBS zu der Zeit war drängte mich, um mich mehr bei der Organisation zu beteiligen. Er sagte: "Du wirst mehr tun, Arrangieren und hier wirst du es zu tun." Das nächste, was ich weiß, dass ich bin in einem Raum mit Michael und seinen Brüder war und ich landete dabei die Rhythmus-Sektion Anordnung [für die Jackson 5 zu] Destiny und die Triumph Alben zu machen. Es war offensichtlich ein großartiges Gefühl für mich, im selben Raum mit den Jungs zu sein, die ich in der Junior High School vergöttert habe.

Forger: Das erste Mal traf ich Michael bei einer Sitzung mit Quincy Jones. Ich habe mit Quincy Jones gearbeitet und wir machten ein Donna Summer Album und wir mussten eine Pause in der Mitte des Produzierens der Platte machen, denn das war das einzige Mal wo Michael Jackson und Paul McCartney sich freie Zeit planen konnten, um ins Studio zu kommen . Das war für die Aufnahme des Songs "[lexicon]The girl is mine[/lexicon] " das war der erste Song, für das [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] Album.

Branca: Michael und ich trafen uns zum ersten Mal im Januar 1980. Er wollte sein eigenes Team haben. Er war 21 zu der Zeit und ich wurde sein Anwalt. Er hatte gerade [lexicon]Off the Wall[/lexicon] beendet, so dass ich während dieser Zeit seine Aufnahme –Vereinbarungen neu verhandlet habe und dann fing er an an [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] zu arbeiten. Es kann manchmal schwierig sein abzugrenzen die kreative Arbeit und das Buisiness und das war sicherlich während des-Thriller Zeitraumes der Fall. Ich war nicht in den kreativen Prozess involviert, aber ich half, die Angebote zu holen, die es ermöglichten das Thriller-Video zu machen.

Forger: Damals war er reserviert, war er eher ruhig, aber gleichzeitig extrem konzentriert. Er wusste, dass alles, was in einem Song zu passieren hat. Er war sehr gerichtet, sehr im Einklang mit allen Teilen, die musikalisch passieren mussten. Er war sehr professionell, sehr gut vorbereitet.

Phillinganes: Als wir am Bad gearbeitet haben, wurden Mike`s Ideen stärker und klarer.

Kommentar

Die Herstellung von Bad: „ Er war der Architekt des Albums in jedem Sinn des Wortes.“

Bad wurde im Westlake Studio in Los Angeles und in Michael Jacksons persönlichen Studio in [lexicon]Hayvenhurst[/lexicon] gefertigt. Der formelle Aufnahme Prozess begann im Westlake-Studio am 5. Januar 1987.
                        Forger: Nach den Erfahrungen von [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon], ich denke, das war etwas was wirklich Michael`s Selbstvertrauen gestärkt hat. Er hatte vier der Songs auf dem Thriller-Album geschrieben, und diese Songs verwandelten sich in Hit-Songs. Michael wusste, dass er auf dem richtigen Weg ist. In der Zeit wo Bad kam war er einfach bereit zu intensivieren und eine viel größere Rolle warzunehmen, weil es seine Zeit war. Er war bereit.
                        Branca: Ich erinnere mich an ein Gespräch mit ihm, wir waren in Hong Kong, und ich witzelte, und ich sagte: "Michael, vielleicht solltest Du für beim nächste Album versuchen, anstatt mit Dir selbst zu konkurrieren vielleicht ein wenig aus der Mitte gehen und darüber nachdenken, etwas anderes zu machen z.B ein Album der Songs, der Künstler, die Dich inspirierten. Songs von James Brown, Sly and the Family Stone und andere. "Er schaute mich an als wenn ich vom Mars war. Er war darauf bedacht sich selbst zu toppen und er legte eine Menge Druck auf sich selbst um dies zu tun.
                        Lee: Die größten Menschen, die größten Künstler, wie immer man diese Kategorie nennen will arbeiten an ihrem Handwerk für Jahre und Jahre und Jahre. So oft wir denken, denken wir es geht, aber wir sehen nicht die harte Arbeit, die in allem steckt. Wir sehen die Schöpfung, wir sehen die Schönheit der harten Arbeit, aber wir sehen nicht die harte Arbeit, das Blut, den Schweiß und die Tränen.
                        Phillinganes: Der Druck lag vor allem auf Michael. Wir waren froh, zu wissen, dass im Studio alle wieder zusammen sind, um mehr Spaß zu haben. Es ist nicht so, dass wir dasaßen und sagten "Wir haben es besser zu machen!" Es war nicht dieser Film "wir haben noch eine weiterem für den Gipper zu tun“. Genau wie mit [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] es war alles daruaf ausgerichtet die besten Songs zu machen, die möglich waren.)
                        Forger: Wir wussten, dass wir im Studio waren und wir wollten Spaß haben, denn das war die Stimmung, vor allem bei dier Arbeit mit Michael und der Zusammenarbeit mit Quincy [Jones, der das Album produzierte]. Sie müssen erkennen, dass, wenn Sie Ihr Leben widmen um Platten zu machen, das man es liebt sie zu machen. Sie lieben die Erfahrung. Es ist eines dieser Dinge, wo man im Studio ist und [du] sagst, "Oh mein Gott, wo sind die letzten acht Stunden geblieben?"
                        Phillinganes: Wir hatten Familienhund -Tag, wo er Muscles, die Boa und Bubbles, den Schimpansen mitbrachte und wir machten Fotos. Es gibt ein Gruppenbild und ich habe ein paar Aufnahmen davon, es ist im Studio D von Westlake und wir alle stehen in einer langen Reihe, um Muscles unterzubringen. Wie lang war er?
                        Forger: Nun, er wuchs. Ich lernte Muscles bei [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] kennen und er war wahrscheinlich ungefähr 10 oder 12 Meter lang, so dass er mindestens 16 Meter in der Zeit Bad von Bad war. Er war eine sehr schöne Schlange.
                        Phillinganes: Und während einer Auszeit -im Studio gab es ein technisches Problem so konnten wir nicht gehen und -Mike wurde unruhig, und er fragte mich, ob ich Lust habe über die Straße zu gehen um ein wenig einzukaufen. Was auf der anderen Straßenseite war eine große, große, große Shopping-Mall namens Beverly Center. Er setzte sich diese Perücke auf und eine dunkle Sonnenbrille auf und schiefe Zähne und wir kommen aus dem Studio, nur wir beiden, keine Sicherheit, keine Polizisten niemand auf dem La Cienega Boulevard, und ich erinnere mich an die Zeit "Ich bin auf der Kreuzung beim La Cienega mit Michael Jackson gegangen und niemand erkennt ihn. "Wir gingen alle über dem Platz und haben ein bisschen geshoppt und er hatte etwas verwirrte Blicke von den Kassiererinnen kassiert. Er sah aus wie Sly Stone auf Crack und dann bekommt er die Kreditkarte und wir gehen, "Nein!"
                        Forger: Wenn man mit Michael war hatte man immer dieses Gefühl der Freude, Energie und was immer es ist was Michael wollte, er wollte sich amüsieren, wenn er es tat.
                        Branca: Michael war sehr im kreativen Prozess von [lexicon]Off the Wall[/lexicon] und [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] beteiligt, aber er war noch mehr beteiligt bei Bad. Er wollte schreiben, er schrieb neun der 11 Songs. Michael erstellte die Demos in seinem Atelier in [lexicon]Hayvenhurst[/lexicon]. Das war das Modell für das, was auf dem Album sein wird. Er war der Architekt des Albums im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes.
                        Forger: Michael sagte: "Wir werden ein paar neue Songs starten." Ich wusste nie, wen wir einen Song starteten wofür der Song stand, aber als ich mit Michael begann, war [lexicon]Dirty Diana[/lexicon] der Song.. Wir begannen [lexicon]Dirty Diana[/lexicon] im Westlake Studio und haben das dann in seinem Heimstudio abgeschlossen , das war das [lexicon]Hayvenhurst[/lexicon] Studio, dann gingen wir an Al Capone das später in [lexicon]Smooth Criminal[/lexicon] benannt wurde und an den nächsten Song, ich glaube, das war Hot Fever, das später auf [lexicon]The way you make me feel[/lexicon] umbenannt wurde
                        Phillinganes: Als wir an Bad gearbeitet haben, wurden Mike`s Ideen stärker und klarer. Songs wie Al Capone, Titel wie dieser der der Arbeitstitel war zeigen, dass Mike eine enorme filmische Annäherung an das machte was seine Musik ausdrückte.
                        Forger: Michael wollte immer ein Geschichtenerzähler sein. Er wollte einen Anfang, eine Mitte und ein Ende, und er wollte, dass es eine Geschichte ist und es könnte nicht nur in ein Song sein, sondern eine grandioser-was Michael immer "Kurzfilm" im Gegensatz zu "Musik-Videos" nannte umgesetzt werden.
                        Afrojack: Die einzigartige Professionalität auf dem ursprünglichen [lexicon]Bad Album[/lexicon] war einfach die nächste Ebene. Heute tun sie es viel, aber damals war das neuste des neuesten, wie verrückte Stereo-Effekte, auf einem technischen Niveau der Ingenieur-und Musikproduktion.
                        Lee: Wenn es zur Arbeit kam, war er ein Perfektionist. Er hatte eine enorme Arbeitsmoral. Er geht nicht hin um zu sagen: "Ich bin müde", er wird das nicht sagen. Bis es fertig ist, wie es ist: "Lasst uns gehen, lasst es uns tun, wir machen das Beste daraus, lassen uns nicht an allen Ecken schneiden." Ob es kreativ oder finanziell war, er machte keine Abstriche.
                        Afrojack: Sie haben eine Menge Musik draußej und wenn Sie das Beste wollen, muss alles das Beste sein, einschließlich der technischen Produktion und der technischen Aspekte der Musikproduktion.
                        Forger: Es wäre nicht ungewöhnlich, dass ein Track mehrmals aufgenommen wurde entweder das Tempo oder die Anordnung verändert wurde, bis es absolut genau richtig war. Wenn Sie mit Menschen dieses Kalibers arbeiten stellst Du Dich auf dieses Parameter ein, und wenn Sie den richtigen erwischen es fühlt sich einfach an, wie das ist es. Jeder versteht es sofort, wenn du die richtige Formel hast.

Kommentar

Bad wurde am 31. August 1987, von Epic / CBS Records veröffentlicht.
                          Branca: Ich denke, Michael war wirklich mit diesem Album sehr zufrieden. Es war ein echtes Coming-out, künstlerisch.
                          Phillinganes: Er entwickelte sich als eine Person, so wie wir alle. Was Mike im Studio von den vorherigen zwei Alben gelernt hatte bewahrte als Wissen um die neue Kreativität, die er mit Bad erlebte zu unterstützen. Es war alles ein natürlichee, organischer Prozess.
                          Branca: Wir wussten immer, es wird ein riesiges Album werden.
                          Phillinganes: Sie hören es im Radio die ganze Zeit, und Sie fühlen sich offensichtlich gut über das Endprodukt, aber es ist nicht so, dass Sie sagen, "Richtig, das wird 50 Millionen jetzt. verkaufen" Die Verkäufe diktieren es. Du glaubst nicht an die Vorhersage, dass es die Art von Erfolg geben wird, obwohl Mike eine bestimmte Anzahl von Verkäufen auf seinem Spiegel jeden Tag schrieb als Motivation. Hundert Millionen. Er hatte, dass auf den Spiegel geschreiben und schaute es sich jeden Tag an.
                          Lee: Große Künstler oder wie immer Sie sie nennen wollen performen gut unter Druck. Er wollte das Bad den Umsatz von [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] überschreitet. Er wollte das Bad, 100 Millionen mal verkauft wird und erzählte jedem davon, dem Präsident von Sony und jedem. Er würde Zettel in seinem Haus machen, in Hotels: "100 Millionen" Er wollte 100 Millionen mal Bad verkaufen. Mehrere Personen in dem Dokumentarfilm berichten darüber.
                          Lee: Während dieser Zeit war Michael so beliebt, dass es schien, das dort eine natürliche Gegenreaktion auf ihn kam, was schade ist, weil das Album steht noch heute als ein großes Stück Arbeit.
                          Branca: In Ergänzung dazu das er das meistverkaufte Album in der Geschichte hatte, hatte Michael einen großen kulturellen Einfluss. Ich half ihm den Beatles-Katalog zu dieser Zeit zu kaufen und es war eine Gegenreaktion gegen seinen Erfolg. Sie konnten nirgends in der Welt hingehen, wo Michael nicht bekannt war und nicht berühmt war
                          Lee: Oh yeah. **********. Cover der New York Post. Ich habe nicht die gleiche Mentalität wie die New York Post.
                          Branca: Das Album war großartig. Und Sie haben Martin Scorsese als Regiesseur des ersten Video! Damals, 1987, außer der Tatsache, dass wir John Landis als Thriller-Thriller-Dirketor hatten, die Vorstellung, dass Sie eine all-time hall-of-fame Regisseur .haben. Das allein erzählt alles und es würde ein riesiges Album sein
                          Lee: Ich erinnere mich gerade wie sie das Video von Martin Scorsese zeigten. Es war ein Sondersendeplatz auf CBS ... Wesley Snipes wollte Michael Jackson töten.
                          Afrojack: Beim [lexicon]Bad Album[/lexicon], ist der beste Track "Bad". Nun spricht jeder davon Gangster oder ein Mafia-Boss zu sein, aber damals war es nur wirklich einfach. Michael Jackson war Bad. Das war's.
                          Forger: Die lustige Sache über das Hören von einem Album ist, wenn es fertig ist, und Sie haben viele Male an einem Projekt gearbeitet und Sie arbeiten wirklich intensiv und Sie gehen absolut bis an die Grenze, körperlich, geistig, und Sie versuchen, das Beste zu tun was Sie können. Du bist dann in einer „Sehen-den-Wald-vor-lauter-Bäumen- nicht- Situation, weil du sehr technisch hörst und Musik ist ein emotionales Erlebnis.
                          Phillinganes: Damals arbeiteten wir mit CDs und es gibt nur eine bestimmte Menge an Speicherplatz auf einer CD um die höchste Qualität der Aufnahme aufzunehmen und es kommt darauf an, wie viel Zeit pro Song Du für die gesamte Zeit auf der CD hast, all Arten von diesen Dingen.
                          Forger: Was ich tue, ist, an dem Tag wo es veröffentlicht wird, renne ich in den Plattenladen. Ich kann mich erinnern als ich das Album kaufte und hörte es rauf und runter, nur hören, wie wunderbar die Songs zusammengearbeitet waren. Sie haben nicht das Gefühl für das, was die große allgemeine Sache ist, bis Sie weg von ihm sind.
                          Branca: Ich kann nicht für ihn sprechen, aber das [lexicon]Bad Album[/lexicon] war das einzige Album in der Geschichte bis vor kurzem das fünf Nummer 1 Singles hatte. Es hatte neun Top 10 Singles. Fünfundvierzig Millionen Alben wurden verkauft. Es war Neuland in Bezug auf Videos und Michael nannte sie nicht Videos, er nannte sie Kurzfilme und was er mit Martin Scorsese bei Bad und Colin Chilvers bei [lexicon]Smooth Criminal[/lexicon] geschaffen hat geholfen die Kunstform des Musikvideos hervorubringen. Also ich denke, in jedem Bezug war Bad ein enormes und historisch gelungenes Album. In Bezug auf Michael`s eigenen Standards? Das ist eine andere Frage. Ich kann das nicht beantworten.

Kommentar

b]Das Vermächtnis von Bad.“ Es war wohl die Übergangsstelle bei der Festlegung seiner musikalischen Unabhänigkeit.“
                            [/B]By Lily Rothman | @lilyrothman | August 22, 2012 | +
                            Neun Monate und zwei Wochen nach der Veröffentlichung des Albums haben fünf Songs aus Bad-"I Just Cant Stop Loving You" (mit Siedah Garrett), "Bad", "[lexicon]The way you make me feel[/lexicon]" [lexicon]Man in the mirror[/lexicon] " "[lexicon]Dirty Diana[/lexicon]" - die Spitze der Billboard Hot 100 erreicht, für eine kollektive 7 -Wochen Spitze, ein neuer Weltrekord.
                            Lee: Das Vermächtnis des Albums ist, es hat zwei Vermächtnisse. Es hat etwas, das [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] nicht hat: fünf Nr. 1 aufeinanderfolgende Singles. Und das 2. ist, dass dies das Album ist das [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] folgte, das das meistverkaufte Album aller Zeiten ist.
                            Branca: Bad war ein enorm einflussreiches Album. Es hatte einen enormen Einfluss auf viele der heutigen größten Künstler, Stars, die zu diesem Album zeigen und die Videos als die, die ihre Karriere beeinflussten.
                            Afrojack: Alle Musik seit jeher ist durch die nächste Stufe der Herstellung inspiriert worden.Es ist eine ganze Zeit später. Es macht Spaß zu sehen, wie es noch inspirierend ist.
                            Branca: Wie ich schon sagte, ich erinnere mich an das Gespräch mit Michael, wo ich versuchte, den Druck zu nehmen von ihm weg und er sagte „Nein“,er legte den Druck gleich wieder auf seine Schultern. Ich erinnere mich nur, wie er getrieben war. Ich glaube, er hatte eine tolle Zeit auf der Bad-Tour. Wenn Sie dieses Material sehen, können Sie sehen, dass er eine wirklich gute Zeit hatte. Er trat heraus, er war völlig unter Kontrolle. Ich denke, es war eine tolle Zeit in Michaels Leben.
                            Phillinganes: Es war eine wilde Fahrt. Ich erinnere mich [die Konzerte ] Wembley. Princess Di auftauchte und Michael, der glückliche Hund war in der Empfangsreihe. Wir konnten sie recht gut zu sehen in ihrem leuchtend gelben Kleid, sitzend in ihrem Feld. Unmengen von Leuten tauchten auf. Naomi Campbell. Freunde von mir, die ich mit auf der Tournee hatte tauchten auf. Eric Clapton. Phil Collins. Barry Gibb. Sie waren alle da. Wir haben drei im Wembley-Stadion gemacht, und es ist das Wembley Stadium, nicht eine Arena, so dass es mindestens 70.000 Menschen waren. Man kann sich nie vorstellen, das Gefühl der Beobachtung von 70.000 Menschen, die Fackeln hielten während des "[lexicon]Man in the mirror[/lexicon]".
                            Branca: [Das Konzert Filmmaterial auf der BAD25 DVD] ist ein Konzert von Anfang bis Ende. Es sind keine Änderungen und Zusammensetzen von verschiedenen Konzerten. Es ist ein Konzert, Michael Jackson im Wembley-Stadion in Anwesenheit von Prinz Charles und Lady Diana. Er bezieht sich auf sie zu Beginn und am Ende der Show. Wir hatten qualitativ hochwertige Aufnahmen von anderen Konzerten, aber der Ton war nicht sehr gut. Für Wembley hatten wir ein tolles Audio-, aber alles, was wir optisch hatten war Michaels VHS-Kopie des Konzertes.
                            Phillinganes: Ich war nicht bei ihm, wenn er [die VHS-Kassetten seiner Shows] sah, aber es war immer dabei zu verbessern. Er war sehr genau über jeden Aspekt der Show, vor allem die Choreographie, die Beleuchtung. Er hat nur immer danach gestrebt, die Basis , die er für sich selbst gesetzt hat zu halten.
                            Forger: Für mich war es wirklich der Zeitpunkt wo Michael die Zügel seiner Solo-Karriere in die Hand nahm und man konnte Michael`s Persönlichkeit musikalisch verstehen. Es ist nicht so, dass er vorher das nicht in seiner Solo-Karriere hatte, aber er hatte er all die Ermutigung, die Quincy [Jones] ihm gegeben hatte und es war einfach das die Verlängerung. Dies passierte.
                            Phillinganes: Es war wohl die Übergangsstelle bei der Festlegung seiner musikalischen Unabhängigkeit. Und die Songs sprechen für sich. Es war eine gut abgerundete Sammlung von großartigen Songs.
                            Forger: Für mich ist beim [lexicon]Bad Album[/lexicon] ironischerweise einer der Songs, die Michael nicht schrieb mein Favorit und das ist [lexicon]Man in the mirror[/lexicon]. Man in the Mirror stellt für mich den Platz dar wo Michael seine Energie hinrichtete. Sie beginnen, wirklich zu sehen, wo Michael das Herz hat, wo seine Seele ist, was seine Absicht für das ist, was er mit seiner Musik erreichen will und das ist eine Sache, die in viel späteren Material deutlich zu erkennen ist und dies ist die Zeit, wenn Sie sehen,
                            dass dies in den Vordergrund tritt.
                            Branca: Klar Michael ist ein Künstler, dessen Popularität über Generationen weiterleben wird. Es ist lustig als ich mit Spike Lee darüber sprach, es gibt einige Künstler ,große Sänger, die aber nicht ihre Songs schreiben und einige Künstler sind große Songwriter, aber sie sind nicht ausgezeichnete Sänger oder sie können nicht tanzen. Man schaut auf Michael, und er konnte die Songs schreiben, er konnte sie produzieren, er konnte sie singen, und konnte aus sich herausgehen und sie performen und tanzen, und dann sein Sinn für Stil, die Art Modetrends zu verändern. Er ist ein einzigartiger Künstler in dieser Hinsicht.
                            Lee: Um ehrlich zu sein, im Laufe der Jahre, hat Bad an Statur gewonnen ... Manchmal bekommt man nicht s-t, wenn es rauskommt. Wir können nicht genug betonen: Bad war ein Follow-up auf das größte einzelne verkaufte Album in der Geschichte der menschlichen Zivilisation. Sie können das nicht genug betonen.
                            Zuletzt geändert von Lena; 30.08.2012, 15:28.

Kommentar

BAD25: „Es geht um das warum er fühlte auf der Erde zu sein, um Musik zu machen.“

Das BAD25 Jubiläums-Paket erscheint am 18. September und obwohl das Jackson-Team immer noch auf BAD konzentriert ist sagt John Branca wird es noch unveröffentlichtes Jackson Material für die Fans in der Zukunft geben, da eine zusätzliches Album von Gesang und Performance- Material existiert.
                              Branca: Michael selbst hat [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon] 25 gemacht und das war wichtig für ihn, so BAD25 war eine offensichtliche und eine logische Wahl. Mehrere Dinge sind spannend an diesem Paket neben der Aufmerksamkeit auf das Album und die unglaubliche Dokumentation die Spike Lee gemacht hat. Wir haben auch einige bisher unveröffentlichte Musik mit aufgenommen. Das ist Musik an der Michael gearbeitet hat für das Album und sie ist wirklich gut. In der Tat hatte Michael für eine lange Zeit einen Song namens [lexicon]Streetwalker[/lexicon] auf dem Album und in der allerletzten Minute entschied er sich für [lexicon]Another part of me[/lexicon]. So haben wir [lexicon]Streetwalker[/lexicon] auf die Raritäten-CD genommen. Das ist spannend, in der Lage zu sein, diese Musik mit den Fans zu teilen.
                              Afrojack: Mein Manager wurde durch den Vertreter des Michael Jackson Estate kontaktiert und sie sagten, dass Mike immer auf der Suche nach neuen, kreativen Möglichkeiten , auch bei Remixen war. Ich bin erst 24 Jahre alt, und ich mache Musik seit einer langen Zeit, aber ich habe nicht wirklich mich gesehen auf der Ebene um eine Remix von Michael Jackson zu machen, es war wie "Wow. Remixing den King of Pop, und es gibt nur ein King of Pop. "
                              Branca: [Mein Co-Executor John McClain und ich] nähern uns Dingen bei Entscheidungen immer auf die Art, wie würde es Michael machen, basierend auf dem wonach er geschaut hätte. Dies gesagt hat sich natürlich auch die Welt verändert. Es ist erst drei Jahre her als Michael starb, so hat sich die Welt nicht so viel geändert, aber es kommen neue Möglichkeiten Michaels Stimme als unser Führer zu verwenden.
                              Afrojack: Sie wollten uns nicht die Realteile geben. Wir mussten einen Tag wählen, wo einer der Vertreter des Nachlasses dabei wäre. Es war auch das gleiche Studio, wo sie das ursprüngliche [lexicon]Bad Album[/lexicon] produzierten. Die Gesangskabine bei der ich davorstand war die gleiche Gesangskabine, wo Michael Jackson alle seine Vocals für das Album aufnahm. Es war ziemlich beeindruckend für mich. Es ist wirklich schlimm, wenn etwas passiert und seine ursprüngliche a capella würden leaken, so dass alle Welt mit seinen a capella tun kann was sie wollen. Sie sind also wirklich vorsichtig und das ist wirklich smart. Ich hoffe, ich bekomme die gleiche Behandlug, wenn ich sterbe. Ich fühlte mich geehrt, dass sie mich gebeten haben es zu tun ... Es gibt nichts mehr, als mit den besten Werkzeugen zu arbeiten. Ich hatte die Original-Teile von Michael Jackson. Das ist ein schönes Geflecht.
                              Lee: Indem wir den Zugang zum Michael Jackson Archive hatten sah ich Dinge von denen ich nicht wusste das sie existieren.
                              Branca: Wir haben den Prozess der Digitalisierung aller audivisuellen und schriftlichen Unterlagen von Michael begonnen.
                              Wir monitoren die Fans und wir sind im Dialog und in Kommunikation mit ihnen, und einer der Wembley-Stadion Konzerte ist das was die Fans wirklich wollten, so haben wir nach dem Konzert gesucht und glücklicherweise fanden wir dies... Wir fanden einige interessante Hinweise, die Michael hatte für einige der Kurzfilme auf dem Album, zum Beispiel für [lexicon]Smooth Criminal[/lexicon], haben wir eine Skizze, die Michael für die Outfits zeichnete gefunden, die von Michael und den Tänzer in dem Kurzfilm getragen wurden. Michael konzipierte sie, mit der Armbinde und allem. Und wir fanden seine Notizen, als er die Konzeption für die Idee für den [lexicon]Smooth Criminal[/lexicon] Kurzfilm gab, wo er die Werke von Fred Astaire und Gene Kelly studierte.
                              Forger: Ich habe"Free" und "Don`t Be Messin 'Round „ Und den Song Groove (A / K / A Abtreibungspapier).“ gemixt. Das waren Spuren, wo er das gesamte Material bereits aufgenommen hat.. Es wurde nichts hinzugefügt, es wurde nichts aufgenommen, ich habe einfach die Bänder genommmen, die nicht eine angemessene Mischung haten und einen finalen repräsentativen Mix gemacht, so wie Micheal es gewollt hätte, dass die Songs klingen..
                              Branca: Im Schatten von [lexicon]Thriller[/lexicon], das das meistverkaufte Album in der Geschichte des Musikgeschäfts ist, ist Bad vielleicht unterschätzt. Ich glaube nicht, dass die Menschen erkennen, wie viele Hitsingles aus diesem Album kamen. Das wird wirklich eine Aussage sein für alle, wie wichtig, wie einflussreich, dass Album war.
                              Forger: Die Bonus-Tracks, die auf diesem Album enthalten zeigen denke ich denke, einen grandiosen Einblick in die Sache, die musikalischen Ideen die Michael an diesem Punkt in der Zeit entwickelte, die Richtung, die er nahm, und in manchen Fällen erleben wir die Titel ein wenig mehr roh, das ist für mich spannend, weil wenn man Sie ein bisschen mehr roh hören kann, sie weniger vollständig poliert erhalten sind nehmen Sie ein wenig mehr von der Persönlichkeit und den Emotionen mit, die in den Prozess gehen.
                              Lee: Für mich wird ein Einblick in Michael`s Arbeitsmoral und seine kreativen Prozess gegeben und die Wirkung, die er auf die Welt hatte.
                              Forger: Wenn ich zurückblicke und ich denke, was ich von diesen Erfahrungen und dieser Zeit mitgenommen habe war es für mich eine Gelegenheit zu lernen, und nicht nur mehr zu verstehen, über Musik, sonder auch so viele Dinge von Michael zu lernen. Es ist ein fantastisches Hoch, weil Sie einfach nur genießen und Sie sind auf eine rgewaltigen Ebene, und jetzt, wenn Sie zurück blicken haben sie die Möglichkeit, darüber nachzudenken, man merkt, es war eine seltene Zeit. Es war ein seltenes Mal in der Popkultur, in der Welt, in der Geschichte der Musik und auch in Michaels Karriere.
                              Lee: Ich denke, Michael würde dieses lieben. Man kann fragen: "Wie kann ich das sagen?", Aber ich sage Ihnen, ich denke, Michael würde es lieben, was wir mit dieser Sache taten. Ich weiß es wirklich ... Wir haben die Wahrheit gesagt und wir haben seine Arbeit vorgestellt.. Es ist nichts anderes als seine Arbeit, nichts anderes als seine Musik und wie dieses Album gemacht wurde. Hier geht es um das kreative Projekt. Es geht darum, warum er fühlte auf der Erde zu sein, um Musik zu machen. Das ist, worum es geht. Nichts anderes.

Kommentar

thread unten

Einklappen
                              Lädt...
                              X